I was recently nominated by Dronstadblog for this reward. Thank you for choosing me. I haven’t earned many awards on this site in a while, so it’s nice to be back in the winners circle. You’ve been sincere and honest with me about writing and I’m grateful for the suggestions and guidance. The rules for the Real Neat Blog Award are posted below.
Here are the rules for the “Real Neat Blog Award”
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
3. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc).
6. Ask your nominees 7 questions.
Here are my questions 🙂
1: How did you become a writer?
2. What are some difficulties you’ve had to overcome to improve your writing?
3. Which authors or individuals in your life have encourage you to pursue writing?
4. Are you a published author or write as a hobby?
5. Are you a plotter, pantster or plantser?
- What got you to writing? The ending of Harry Potter. I couldn’t live in a world where it was over. There had to be more, so I did my best to create a future for the characters within their magical world.
- Who is your favorite author and genre? My favorite author is JK Rowling. She’s the best. She inspired an entire generation to read and write. My favorite genre is fantasy. Fantasy novels can go in so many directions. It’s wide open to creativity.
- What is the main reason as to why you started the blog? I was at a low point in my life. My friends were soon, leaving for college and I had no idea what sort of career I wanted. I created this blog to sort of let loose my frustration, have something to do beside watch TV, and join a community of bloggers who would share their world and thoughts with me. WordPress brought many amazing people into my life and helped me to figure out what joy writing brings me. Merci, my friends.
- What motivates you to write? It’s a sad answer, yet I don’t really know. I think about a lot of different things each day. Some days I grow courage to share my thoughts online and see what other people think. I also get ideas for stories, whether I’ll publish them or not, and spend countless number of hours crafting these ideas like growing a small seed in a garden into a large, majestic tree. You can write about whatever you like which is magical really.
- What’s the meaning of writing to you? This seems like a dramatic question, but I’ll answer it the best I can. To me, writing is inspiring. There are so many stories to be read and each of them has a message worth reading. I hope my blogs and stories someday inspire the reader in a positive way. Our words do matter if only to benefit society. Stories like Uncle Tom’s Cabin or To Kill a Mockingbird still dazzle its readers today.
List your goals of writing 1. Plan out of my thoughts. 2 Get them on paper 3. create. 4. edit. 5 complete. 6 publish, make a boat load of cash and inspire millions. Sounds simple enough.
What would you say to beginners in writing? Writing isn’t easy. Some may suggest to you that it is, but it really isn’t. Writing is difficult. What you want to write might not be what you’re actually trying to write. Some may hate what you write when you were truly trying to inspire. Forget the hate and doubt. It happens to all of us. What’s most important is to stay driven, ask billions of questions, get your thoughts down on paper or on google docs and continue to write until you can’t write no more.
I nominate any writer who reads this to take part in this award. Thank you for reading!