I checked my notifications today and noticed I was nominated for the Liebster Award! I was nominated by https://srishtibirla.wordpress.com/. Thank you so much. I’m thankful to be bringing joy to those who read my blogs. I appreciate all of the love and hope to make many more blogs for years to come. Here are my answers to Srishti questions!
1. What is your favorite genre of music?
My favorite genre of music is rock. There are so many different types of rock music. I prefer folk or Christian rock the most. My favorite rock band is Skillet. I first heard of Skillet while watching a football game a few years back. When I found out they were a Christian rock band I began listening to them more and more. They praise God through rock and roll. Most people think every church has a choir and Christians listen to the old school stuff. Some Christians are against bands like Skillet, because they believe they are not praising God the correct way. If the music praises God than the style of music should not matter.
2. If given the opportunity where would you like to travel?
There are many places I’d like to travel too. My top three travel destinations are London England, Sydney Australia, and of course New York City. London is on the top of my list. Growing up, I watched British shows like Mr.Bean and of course Harry Potter. I’ve studied the UK quite a bit and speak some of their slang from time to time. I’ve grown up in such a small town. My desire to travel grows and grows lol.
3. What is your favorite quote and why?
I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying-Michael Jordan. It’s a short, but great quote. Most think, failing is when you don’t win. The only way someone can truly fail at something is if they do not try at all.
4.Who/What inspired you to start your blog?No one really. I just like, writing and hope to make a career out of it.
5. What is your favorite Novel? That would be the Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I actually wrote a blog on this story a few months ago> https://mattdwells1994.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/the-book-thief/ I like fictional war stories. I like how the narrator of the story is actually death. Most people ask why did the Germans go along with the NAZI’s? I think many probably were against the NAZI party, but they never stood up against it, because they were scared for their own lives and family. You cannot defeat evil by, hiding.
6. Which author inspired you the most?
JK Rowling. I’ve always liked to read books, but my passion for writing began from, reading Harry Potter. The story of Harry Potter is just awesome. Harry gives up his own life to save his friends. Love conquers all. The life story of JK Rowling is interesting as well. She went from unknown to one of Britain’s most famous writers. Never give up on your dreams.
7.What are your hobbies?
Reading, writing, playing video games, watching and commentating on sports, swimming and playing with my dogs.
8.What is a personality trait that best describes you? I
would have to say loyalty. I’m a loyal person to the people who truly care about me. I was betrayed by a close friend when I was young. It really hurt me to trust people. Today I have really great friends. I’ll do anything for them except murder, steal etc. I am good at keeping secrets.